Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mornings

Yep, I’m one of the lucky ones. I’ve said this before. By this I mean that Puppy is high-functioning with PDD-NOS; except he has his moments, his behaviors, his tantrums, etc.

Mornings are the toughest part of the day of it all. He’s great about waking up on time. It usually only takes one wake-up call, or turning on the light to get him moving.

Puppy has his routines and his morning ritual begins with him placing a call to his aunt Margie. However I bet even she wasn’t expecting the rude awakening she received this morning. Puppy grabs my cell phone, speed dials Margie, says “good morning” and then proceeds to tell her that he’s in a bad mood and hangs up on her. I’m certain she must have had a few choice words on her end as she also held the phone in her hand. I can’t blame her for that. But like most people, I can bet she didn’t even give it a second thought at how I had to deal with Puppy being in his bad mood, and continued with her day.

Yep, I’m fortunate that I get a first-hand experience to his bad temper. Every morning Puppy generally gets out of bed, calls his aunt, gets dressed, goes into the bathroom and does his thing plus brushes his teeth and hair, etc. It’s not until he has completed his tasks that he goes to take his medication. Yes, the pills…they’re like little miracles workers. It only takes about 10-15 minutes for Puppy to do a 180 and smile, and laugh, and say he’s happy, and apologize for his tantrums and says “love you”. But oh how I dread the mornings. No one ever warned me there would be days like these. How was your morning?


0 comments: