Saturday, March 24, 2012

New After School Care

So how is everyone doing? Whenever someone asks me how I'm doing, I am programmed to say, good or fine. It's rarely true though. But I know this is a general greeting and it's plain acknowledgement of your presence.

These last two weeks have been complete mental exhaustion.  That means my nights have gone with either minimum hours of sleep, tossing and turning or staying up late which is not my norm. It means that I can be at work and trying to read reports or documents and not being able to focus, so reading over and over has also been causing headaches.  I just went through seven days of having vertigo in various stages. Of course the worst was not being able to get out of bed or the sofa, or keeping my head against the headrest as I drive and trying not to turn too quickly, to taking medication before the symptoms worsen, to finally waking up in the morning and being able to stand without missing a step. Whatever the case, I don't know if stress was a contributor.

But it seems that I may be seeing that light after all. One of Puppy's teacher aide's has stepped up to the plate and offered to watch him after school, but only Monday through Thursday. And unfortunately she mentioned it would only be temporary until I find someone or somewhere more permanent for him. I wasn't too happy about that, but it's a start. I'm just thankful that it will be someone dependable, responsible, and a person that knows him almost as well as I do if not better. Best part is that he respects her...or fears her, not sure--still, it will be a change and a new routine.

And Puppy is still trying to adjust to having his wallet in his pocket, or his hands when he thinks no one is watching.  He's showing progress in school in that he is still maintaining his workload and focusing without having the wallet consume his attention. He has returned to his study group and no longer with the babies so his confidence has definitely increased.  We still have discussions about him wanting to modify it with paper and/or tape, but whenever I stand my ground (so not what I used to do before), he has no choice but accept my answer and accept his wallet is the way it's going to stay. I always feel like the challenge is more for me than him. Weird.


0 comments: