Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh, what a morning!

Day two into our summer schedule hit a bump on the road. Or should I say, there was an object on the road that punctured my rear tire on the drive to Puppy's school.

As I'm getting closer to my first of three turns or corners before dropping Puppy off, I drive over to the right shoulder and there's a loud noise coming from the back of the pickup. My first thoughts were that we forgot to take down a bag of groceries from the night before, and now it was moving around freely in the truck bed. So I made my turn and pull over to a safe location to retrieve the items. I obviously don't find anything there; so I walk around the truck the find my passenger rear tire is losing air.

Being about two blocks from the campus, Puppy and I hit the road and started walking. On my way, I called my boss to let him know I'd be late, and then called a wrecker service to come change the tire with my spare. Once at the front of the school I gave Puppy a kiss and sent him on his way inside. I turned around and headed back to the truck. Nothing else to do but sit and wait, and catch up on my facebook and twitter.

The wrecker truck finally showed and switched the tires for me and I was on my way about one and a half hour late. Luckily, it was not a sign of how the remainder of my day went. Whew!

1 comments:

May said...

Some days are like that.Glad that your car was finally fixed up.Do have a beautiful weekend.