Thursday, November 29, 2012

The washer


Today’s posting might not be of any importance to any of you, but on November 12, 2012, I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Our washer went out of commission some time in July this summer. Since then I have been going to a laundromat, my sister’s house or my parents’ to wash and sometimes dry, our dryer works fine.

When I bought my home five and half years ago, I purchased a new washer and dryer set from Sears. They are those upright front loading kind, not cheap. Well like with most things, I don’t buy the warranty. So now I was stuck with a washer that wasn’t working and a repair estimate that I couldn’t afford. 

However, I had left my old washer in a storage shed at my parents’ when I bought the new appliances. It was in good order and on this day in November, my brother and his friend took it over to my garage. It was the beginning of the next chapter. He was also able to find someone to give me that third estimate and the price for parts was more reasonable but not yet in the budget, so it will have to wait.

Then two days later, the washing machines were swapped out by another brother and me. Thanks to them, and family our lives are a lot easier. With the new chapter on washing at home, and the light at end of the tunnel was met and this convenience is no longer taken for granted.

The going back and forth took its toll on Puppy as well. It was his chore to separate his clothes but then the waits in between washes was not pleasant for him and very boring. He would help now and then, but he never liked not being at home. He's a happy camper now that he can be outdoors with Cody. Whew!




0 comments: