Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Been Busy

Yep, I have a question... does anyone who has or knows a child with autism have issues with obsessions?

We do.  It's something that keeps Puppy busy, mostly mentally but then it turns physical when he needs to act on it.  He needs to ask questions about it, he has the need to touch it, he simply can't control himself.  There are mostly two, maybe three things that are constantly on his mind.  I'm not too sure I'm comfortable about being so specific about this so I am going to update on this at a later date.

Obsessions for Puppy most certainly fill his day.  He has difficultly concentrating in school because of it.  He makes all our conversations about it.  All I can say is that I wish I could save him and let him a day of peace where he is not haunted by the obsessions in his mind.  Of course I say this, but I haven't walked a day in his shoes and his obsessions may be the only thing keeping him going.

Another day to practice patience and understanding.

I read a quote on twitter this morning:  "God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them. - Unknown, posted by @DamnRightTweets on 10/20/2010.

Claire

0 comments: