Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quick Thinking

Quick thinking is something I'm not very good at when it comes to trying to get my son to change the subject.

Puppy has been having a few rough days.  He's not able to focus on much of anything other than his obsessions.  Small, very small moments get through and he smiles and laughs, and I know that his thoughts are elsewhere and not chained down to his obsessions. But these are only small moments and not as many as I wish they could be.

I lay awake sometimes wondering of methods to distract Puppy from being drawn in, into an intense train of thought that only he can see, hear, smell, taste and touch.  No one and nothing exists whenever his mind is concentrating on his obsessions.

Yes, these have been some long, long days.  But they can only get better,...right?

Claire

0 comments: