Sunday, October 17, 2010

Smoother Than Usual

This weekend was smoother than usual. Puppy had his ups and downs, good and not so good moments, but all I can say is...welcome to our lives.

As most Saturday's go, we have breakfast, relax a bit in front of the TV or the computer, and then I start laundry. I'm teaching Puppy how to sort the clothes and follow through to the washer and pouring detergent. He's doing pretty good, but we are still in the teaching/learning stages where it's a big chore to him and usually I'll have to promise him a dollar if he makes it all the way to placing the washed clothes into the dryer. When the clothes are ready, half of the time I can ask him to help collect hangers, and that's only because to him I'll take too long if he lets me put the clothes away alone. He drives a hard bargain but we have a system.

Puppy and I can make it through two separate loads of laundry before we decide it's time to hit the streets and get rid of the cabin fever that's so quickly building up; and that's around 2 PM or 3 PM when we leave the house for another adventure.

Oh no, I hadn't seen the time. I wish I had started writing earlier so that I could finish writing about the entire weekend. FYI, Sunday was equally pleasant for the most part.

I'm going to have to end today's story with 1) there were no huge tantrums, 2) there was no self-injury, and 3) there was no punching walls or tables, and that people is what I call a "smoother than usual" kind of weekend. (Sighing with a smile)

I'll try to do better next time. Good night Puppy, see you in the morning.

0 comments: