Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Changing daycare facilities

It's been about a week since I went to visit a daycare facility that I'm considering for Puppy. It's actually a difficult decision to make and is not being made without careful thought and research.

I am very happy with the director at the daycare he has attended for almost four years now. Teacher Ana (as Puppy calls her) was quick to figure him out. She has never had a problem with his behaviors and has even been helpful in continuing lessons learned at home, school or even those she set up at daycare. Routine is very important and we all have to be on the same page.

This January the daycare was moved into the director's home and it is now a licensed home care. It's still the same if you ask me, just limited to one room instead of an entire house. Her license is for children between the ages of 6 months to 12 years. So come this July, Puppy will be too old at 13 years. The director was kind enough to offer us one more year, but with Puppy being the oldest and tallest child, I'm taking it as a sign that we need to move on. Besides, I'm hoping Puppy will get a little more activity, find some distractions away from his obsession and meet a few older kids at this new daycare.

I also got more good news yesterday! I received a call from a teacher aide at a local high school that has answered my ad for PCS hours for Puppy. She has experience working with special needs students for the last 6 years. She may be the answer to my problems. We have an appointment to interview each other on Friday, so I'll write about the results afterward. Everyone cross your fingers!

0 comments: