Friday, June 3, 2011

Ready for a fresh start

Well, I did it. After much deliberation, today I withdrew Puppy from his daycare with Teacher Ana, and registered him at a different daycare. The change officially takes place on Monday.

I thanked Teacher Ana for all her help these last few years. She has always been there for me. She never said no to early drop-offs and late pick-ups, and to unexpected drop-offs, helping him do homework and keeping the bus driver and bus monitor in line. She taught Puppy many things. She taught him discipline and respect. She was firm and caring. I can write a list, but there's not enough space.

Puppy is very fond of her and this is important when it comes to having someone care for my son. And yes, there were tears. Mostly mine, but it felt good to know that we made a friendship that will last a lifetime. We will miss her.

I am just praying that I made the right decision. Now it's back to learning new faces and people. New rules and new routines. But we are so ready to make a fresh start. Even Puppy seems excited.

My interview for Puppy's PCS assistant was switched from Friday to Saturday. Someone forgot to cross their fingers. But mine are still crossed with hope that we can make a schedule to work for both of us. Oh, and that she agrees to take the job, too.

Well, I have a list of things to do tomorrow and I can hear my bed calling my name. I must listen. Good night Puppy. See you in the morning.

0 comments: