Monday, August 22, 2011

New school year

Starting our new school year routine had a small glitch, well maybe a few glitches, but we made it through the first morning. Puppy made it safe and sound to class. I know…because I took him there, in our truck, to the school, and walked beside him into his classroom. Yup, you guessed it; the bus never arrived and I had to get on the road with my same old routine of getting to work on time. So I texted his teacher and said I was going to deliver him myself and cross our fingers for a better start tomorrow.

The other small glitches I mentioned? Puppy thought that getting half dressed and sitting down to shuffle credit cards into different slots in his wallet was more important. Then, he also thought that getting dressed and no shoes on his feet were alright, too. Then, he thought that if he could see the shirt tucked in nicely on his front side, meant it must be fine and neatly tucked in on his back side, too. Yeah, there were a few others but I won’t bore you with details.

But even with these little events, we made it with more than enough time for the bus to pick him up this morning. Only it never did. Well, I hope Puppy has a great day at school today. We’ll try again. Like I said, I’m sure we’ll have a better start tomorrow.


0 comments: