Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One more week

It’s closer than we think. Yep, Puppy is one week away from going back to his favorite routines. Well, maybe they’re more my favorite than they are his, but routine is a good thing, especially in our home.

Hopefully, I can get him back on schedule with being picked up in the morning by the school bus. This is a big plus. However, it has been known to backfire when the schedule falls too closely to the hour that I need to leave the house to get to my place of work on time. This is what happened with our last bus driver, he’d never be here to pick him up at the time he was supposed to and I’d end up stuck in traffic as I’m rushing to work. And I don’t like to be rushed.

I’m going to pray for a new bus driver and monitor. For starters, last year’s driver and monitor are afraid of Puppy. Yes, you read correctly, afraid. I have to cut them some slack though. I didn’t think I would say that, but let me explain. At first, I thought it was a good thing that we were left with the same driver and monitor as the year before when he was at the elementary campus and now for middle school. We were familiar with them and were not looking forward to learning habits to a new set. But when Puppy was in the Fifth (5th) Grade, he had many tantrums and anxiety attacks in the classroom. Then there were two occasions when he had some incidents on the bus and he ended up punching the bus window and breaking it. It actually happened twice. He just didn’t know his strength, and then the next time, he knew his strength would do it. I imagine this could be reason enough for the bus driver and monitor to have a little fear towards Puppy. And what was the result? He was left to be the last student to be picked up on their morning route. Not a favorable decision on my end, but I didn’t have a say so in the matter.

So, this year I’m going to say a prayer for a new bus driver and bus monitor to hopefully make our mornings more pleasant. Oh, and also another prayer for Puppy’s rides to be smoother and not so eventful.


0 comments: