Friday, May 27, 2011

Field Trip!

I woke up at my usual hour this morning, which is about 2 hours earlier than the time I wake up Puppy for school. But today I dragged myself out of bed, washed my face, and then went back to get five (5) more minutes, just five...and guess who walks up to the side of my bed?

"Mami, is it time to get up?" said Puppy in a soft high pitched voice. It was but I really wanted those five more minutes.

But how could I lie. Today was not like any other day. Puppy and his classmates were having their end-of-the-year field trip out of town and he was excited. Not to mention the fact that he went to bed extra early last night so that he could get enough rest. I was actually surprised he slept! It is his fourth trip, and he pretty much knows what to expect. A big bus with a restroom and a long time in his seat.

Today's trip is to the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi. There was even mention of a possibility that he might get to make it to the beach, and that is his absolute favorite place to go. However, this mention came from him to me, and I didn't confirm it with his teacher before they left. He knows that a trip to Corpus Christi means the beach, so he may have just made the connection himself.

Well, we made it to school by the requested 6:00 A.M. after making a stop at the convenient store for snacks and drinks for his trip. Yes, and I even went back home and returned to the school with his backpack we had left behind. But all went well.

Puppy, I hope you have a great time!

0 comments: