Sunday, January 29, 2012

All Blown Out of Proportion


We are still at the daycare.  I went to pick up Puppy from his daycare on Friday.  I took a deep breath and proceeded to open the door to his classroom.  I signed him out and caught a glimpse of his teacher holding a binder and pen from across the doorway.   She saw me and quickly came over to say we needed to talk privately.  I followed her outdoors.  She begins by saying, “You know what I’m going to tell you, right?”  I whispered back, “That you are going to ask us to leave the daycare.” I felt a little relief when she giggled and answered, “No, of course not.”  And then I patiently stood there as she continued to explain the events as they happened on Friday.

Guess what?  It wasn’t as badly as the other teacher had made it out to be.  There was some truth to the story but he didn’t try to strike anyone, he was swinging to hit himself.  Yes, he did scream the “f” word at everyone, but this was not a first.  He did cause self-injury, but not anything severe and similar actions his teacher had seen before.  So what I got from all this is that the teacher who gave Ms. H the initial report is not Puppy’s full-time teacher and was unfamiliar with his tantrums.  It was blown out of proportion on Thursday and now I had the complete story first-hand from his teacher.  I was asked to sign the incident report and all was fine. And by the way, Puppy had a good day at daycare Friday.



0 comments: