Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lower Dental Appliance OFF!!

Monday...it happened, again.  But for the last time, I took Puppy to the orthodontist to have the complete lower dental appliance removed after his right side slipped out of place while having breakfast.  Unfortunately, I had to send him to daycare with the appliance out of place because there was no way to know if the orthodontist's office would be open that day.  I don't know if I had mentioned before, but the original doctor passed away earlier this month and now the office is having to re-group or re-organize and they are not on the regular office hours as before.

Puppy was immediately excited when it was removed because he was able to speak a bit more clearly, his mouth closed better and it is easier to eat.  Keep in mind that he is still wearing the upper bracket that was expanding his jaw.  I had to do turns daily for 15 days. I'm so glad we are done with that. It still remains on his jaw after removing the other appliance, though.

His next appointment is on March 7.  At this time we should find out if they have approval from the insurance to place a different appliance to do the same job of bringing his lower jaw forward.

My Puppy is the best kid and such a trooper.  I pray that it is all worth it in the end.

0 comments: