Sunday, February 19, 2012

Stuff in His Pockets


It’s not that I haven’t wanted to write lately.  It’s not that I don’t have anything to write about.  I have plenty to write about.  It just takes me a while to collect my thoughts for a new post. Now where do I start?  Let’s try Thursday, February 23.

I had allowed Puppy to wear a watch to school with the conditions that if he messed with it or wasn’t able to focus on his school work, his teacher was going to take it from him.   Puppy also went to school with $15 for the book fair.  He likes going every year and looks for mostly picture books.  He was also excited about going because he knows that they usually sell other trinkets that he can choose from like erasers, pencils, magnets, etc.  The kind of things he can carry in his pockets. 

Puppy’s teacher went over to our home on Thursday as part of our in-home training. I had a few errands to run so Ms. H picked up Puppy from daycare and took him home; where his teacher was waiting for them.  It started off just fine.  Luckily she had good news to report. He did pretty well and the watch was never brought to his attention. Puppy went to the book fair and bought his book and an eraser.

That was in school under the watchful eye of his teacher and the TAs in his classroom.  Apparently, once he was off the bus and at daycare, he removed the watch from his wrist to place it in his pocket.  It’s just a need he has to carry something in his pockets.  I think it was Ms. H whom noticed he wasn’t wearing it and signaled him by pointing at her wrist.  His teacher caught on and asked for it.  One small problem though.  The watch wasn’t the only thing in his pockets. This was not going to end well.  He had purchased a letter sized soft paperback book about how to draw motorcycles.  The problem was that he had folded it as small as he could to also place in his back pocket (you know, to make an impression of a fat wallet).  Well he took it out and his teacher must have drilled him before I arrived because it was tense in the house. Once I was seated, he proceeded to tell me what he had done and his teacher said that his consequences would be spending time at the library helping fix books and magazines.  He didn’t seem to have a problem with it and was apologetic the remainder of the evening. 

Puppy didn’t have classes on Friday or Monday, so Tuesday will be the day to fulfill his consequence.  Now we had a long weekend to manage.  I was not looking forward to this.

0 comments: